- To enter, you must be a high school student in New Jersey by Oct. 1, 2018 (grades 9-12)
- Any New Jersey high school student in private or public schools, grades 9-12 may enter the contest. Students must submit the name of their high school and a valid New Jersey address in the cover letter field of the submission form.
- You may only submit one submission in each category.
- Submissions will only be accept through this online portal.
- No name or address should appear on the submission. If a name or address is present on the document, that work will be disqualified.
- Flash Fiction should be between 400 words and 1500 words and be the writer’s own original, unpublished work.
- Poems should be no more than 50 lines long and should be the writer’s own original, unpublished work.
- By submitting to this contest, you agree to allow the judges, René Steinke (fiction) and David Daniel (poetry), to read and judge your work. Judges will not know the identities of the authors whose work they are reading.
- Stories and poems will be judged on the basis of literary merit and originality, according to the discretion and considered assessment of each judge.
- Entering the contest does not guarantee that the entry will receive an award.
- Student retains copyright for creative work, but agrees to have said work announced in TLR (if chosen as the winner). A parent must sign a consent form for FDU and TLR to publish the names of the winners in TLR and on social media.
- No entry fee is required.
- This online portal for entering the Fairleigh Dickinson University Creative Writing Contest for High School Students in New Jersey will be open from January 3, 2019 to March 1, 2019. The contest closes at midnight on March 1, 2019.
If you have any questions about the contest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: FDU Creative Writing Contest.
If you encounter any technical difficulties with the online submission process, please email email@example.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT FAIRLEIGH DICKINSON UNIVERSITY, GO TO WWW.FDU.EDU